I have succeeded at Camp NaNoWriMo! I wrote a grand total of 60,931 words this month, with an additional 20,000 before the month began to bring the novel's word count up to...drumroll please...
80,931 WORDS!!!!!!!!
And it turns out I got my word goal just right! At that exact amount of words, I finished the first draft of my novel. And now, to unveil the TITLE!
Broken Thief: The Taskforce, #1
An adventure taking place in the far future, where warp travel has become commonplace and civilizations have spread to far corners of the galaxy. Seven years after an atrocious genocide of one of the few alien races to have been discovered by human explorers, one of the criminals behind the attack has reemerged. Jack Perry, a skilled thief who was blackmailed into assisting the genocide, has also resurfaced in a hunt for vengeance. And, sorry, the space cannibals had to be cut from the storyline. They were pretty extraneous.
So there's that! Whoop! Now for some editing...ugh. 80,000 words to trim, cut, spruce up, alter, and blow to smithereens (not necessarily in that order). And the galactic ponies of death will be helping out!
Yay, galactic ponies of death! Hooray!
I am also going to begin series planning for the next book. I've got several subplots left hanging, along with the main plot, and it's going to need some neat orchestration. I'll be lucky to be available for November NaNoWriMo with all this work to do.
Well, that's all,
JW Ball (swordplay afficionado with a taste for ice cream cake)
Ooh, sounds like a very cool tale! Congratulations on writing so much; great work!
ReplyDelete